This Policy applies when your data are collected on the websites published by the entities of the Comexposium Group (hereinafter the "Sites") and in the context of your relations of any kind with the Company.
The personal data (hereinafter the "Data") consist of any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An "identifiable natural person" refers to a natural person who can be directly or indirectly identified, notably through reference to an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, online login or several specific components particular to their physical, physiological, genetic, psychic, economic, cultural or social identity, as this term is defined by current regulations.
1 – Which data are collected?
Depending on how you interact with the Company and the purpose of this interaction, the Company may collect the following Data:
- Data relating to your identity: these Data notably designate your full name, electronic address, postal address, telephone number and profile (applicant, visitor, exhibitor, etc.).
- Data relating to your order: these Data designate all the information required for the fulfilment and completeness of your order, including information on the bank card used (name of cardholder, card number, expiry date and so on), details of the order, the order date and exchanges with the customer relations department. In any event, payment Data are processed according to the regulations and security standards applicable in this respect.
- Data relating to connection to and use of the Account if you are its holder: these Data designate all the information you need to access your personal space and data relating to the use of the account, including your login and password, your choices and preferences, and the history of the trade fairs in which you have participated. In any event, the Account is covered by specific and general terms and conditions for use.
- Data connected with browsing: these Data designate information on the way in which the User browses the Site. These Data may include the IP address, screen resolution, the browser used, browsing time, search history, the operating system used, the language and the pages viewed.
- Data relating to your participation in trade fairs: date of participation, stands visited, purchases made.
- Data relating to the use of social media: when you interact with social media functions.
2 – How are your data collected?
2.1. Depending on how you interact with the Company, the latter may collect your Data according to the procedures described below
2.2. The Company collects your Data directly from you, including when you fill in a contact or registration form, place an order or write to the Company (for example, by sending it an email).
2.3. The Company collects your Data indirectly when you browse the Sites by means of cookies and tags, in the conditions defined above. The Company also collects your Data via third party social media when you use the account you hold with these parties to log on or register for an event.
2.2. When you communicate Data to the Company, you should ensure that they are accurate and complete. If need be, you should update them.
3 – Why are your data collected?
Your Data are automatically processed by the Company for various purposes described below, in the context of your use of the Sites and your participation in trade fairs organised by the Company or which it is appointed to organise.
Your Data are processed to manage (i) the requests you make and to contact you, and (ii) your orders, and (iii) to organise your visits to trade fairs that we organise or have been appointed to organise.
With your consent when it is requested, your Data may also be processed to (i) send you information and news about our trade fairs (ii) analyse your preferences and habits, (iii) personalise and optimise your experience on our Sites by enabling you to access various functions and develop the interactivity of the Sites, (iv) compile statistics, particularly on the efficiency of our prospecting campaigns.
4 – For whom are your data intended?
4.1. Your Data are processed by the Company's internal teams. In addition, only service providers and their staff, who have limited powers, are authorised to access your Data with regard to specific services entrusted to them, which they must carry out exclusively for the Company in strict compliance with obligations, particularly concerning security and confidentiality.
4.2. With your consent when it is requested, your Data may be transmitted to entities in the Group to which the Company belongs and to partners, particularly so that they can send you information and news about the products and services they propose.
4.3. When required by current regulations, the Company may transmit your Data to organisations and authorities legally authorised to access them (notably the judicial and administrative authorities).
5 – How are your data protected?
The Company takes every necessary precaution to preserve the security and confidentiality of your Data, in particular to prevent them from being altered, damaged or disclosed, or accessed by non-authorised third parties.
6 – What are your rights?
6.1. According to the regulations applicable, you can at any time exercise your right to access, correct and delete Data concerning you, and to oppose the processing of these Data. In the conditions defined by the regulations, you also have the right to stipulate general or specific directives on what happens to your Data after your death. However, you are informed that only specific directives on the processing of Data carried out by the Company for purposes defined in this Policy will be registered by the Company, subject to its specific agreement. When applicable, you have the right to delete and the right to limit the processing of your Data and the right to the portability of these Data, solely according to conditions strictly defined by the regulations applicable.
6.2. When your Data are processed with your consent, you can revoke this at any time. However, you are informed that processing carried out before this revocation remains valid.
6.3. You can exercise your rights by contacting the Company, by electronic or postal mail, at the following address: Groupe COMEXPOSIUM – Data Protection - 70 avenue du Général de Gaulle, 92058 Paris La Défense cedex or [email protected]
You are also informed that in certain cases, the functions of the Sites enable you to view and modify Data you have communicated to the Company.
7 – How long do we keep your data?
7.1. The Company keeps your Data for a period that does not exceed the time required for the purposes indicated by this Policy. Beyond this period, your Data maybe archived to respect the legal obligations incumbent upon the Company, or deleted.
7.2. Data making it possible to establish proof of a right or a contract, or kept in respect of a legal obligation by the Company, are archived according to current regulations.
8 – Data transfers
The processing of your Data for purposes defined in the Policy may require your Data to be transferred and/or transmitted and/or stored outside the European Union. In this event, specific information will be issued to you by the Company.
9 – Cookies
You are informed that when you visit the Site, one or more Cookies may be installed on your terminal.
9.1. What is a Cookie?
Within the meaning of this Policy, a Cookie designates all the forms of access and inscription of information on your terminal, including information sent by the Sites and stored by your browser in a dedicated space on the hard drive of this terminal.
9.2. Why and how are Cookies used?
- Ensure the proper operation and optimisation of Sites;
- Adapt the Sites to your preferences. For example, the Site adapts itself to the display preferences of your terminal, notably by factoring in the language used or the display resolution;
- Facilitate your browsing, particularly by obviating the need to re-enter information each time you visit the Sites;
- Carry out measurements on the Sites' audiences and communications sent to you;
- Carry out targeted advertising suited to your centres of interest;
- Develop the interactivity of Sites.
9.2.2. You are also informed that the Company allows third parties to install Cookies via the Sites. The Company draws your attention to the fact that these Cookies are used only by these third parties.
9.3. What types of Cookies are used?
9.3.1 Technical Cookies
The purpose of Technical Cookies is to facilitate browsing on the Site, and to enable and improve the operation of the Sites and access to their various functions.
They also make it possible to implement security measures. For example, if this applies to you, by asking you to connect to the exhibitor space after a certain time limit is exceeded. You are informed that if you decide to deactivate these Technical Cookies, access to our services could then be altered. In this situation, the Company's responsibility may in no way be incurred.
9.3.2. Audience Measurement Cookies
Audience Measurement Cookies make it possible to measure the number of visits to the Sites and the communications addressed to you (contents, sections, time spent, browser used, and so on).
You are informed that these Audience Measurement Cookies may be installed on the Sites by third parties on behalf of the Company.
9.3.3. Third-party Targeted Advertising Cookies (Third-party Advertiser Cookies)
Third-party Advertiser Cookies make it possible to propose advertisements appropriate to your centres of interest. They are installed by the Company or third parties either on behalf of the Company or on their own behalf.
To find out more about targeted advertising and how you can accept or refuse (opt out of) this type of advertising, go to www.aboutads.info/choices or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
9.3.4. Third Party Cookies linked with social media share buttons (Third-party social media Cookies)
Third-party social media Cookies make it possible to share Site content with third parties. This is notably the case with "share" and "like" buttons coming from third parties such as Facebook or Twitter. The Company does not control these Third-party social media Cookies or the Data collected via the Companies that manage these social media.
If you do not wish the companies that manage the social media to link Data collected via our Sites with the account you hold, you should first log off the social media site concerned. Users are encouraged to view the privacy policies of companies managing the social media concerned.
9.4. How long are Cookies retained?
According to the principles of Data protection, you are informed that Cookies are kept for the period strictly required for the purposes they are used for, within limits defined by the competent data protection authority.
9.5. How can you manage the installation and reading of Cookies?
9.5.1. You are informed that you can change the parameters of your browser concerning cookies in order to deactivate all or part of the cookies:
- With Internet Explorer™: open the "Tools" menu, then select "Internet options"; click on the "Confidentiality" tab, then the "Advanced" tab, and choose the level desired, or follow this link.
- With Firefox™: open the "Tools" menu, then select "Options"; click on the "Privacy" tab, then choose the options required, or follow this link.
- With Chrome™: open the settings menu (wrench icon), then select "Options"; click on "Advanced Options" then, in the "Confidentiality" section, click on "Content settings" and choose the options required, or follow this link.
- With Opera™: open the "Tools" or "Settings" menu, then select "Delete Private Data"; click on the "Detailed Options" tab, then choose the options required, or follow this link.
9.5.2. The main companies managing social media also provide pages dedicated to Cookies, as presented below:
As regards the social media, Users should follow the instructions specific to the social media site concerned to deactivate cookies.
10.1. Any modification of this Policy by the Company will be updated on the Site.
10.2. Users are encouraged to regularly view this Policy to take note of any updates or changes.
10.3. If any clause in this Policy is declared null and void or contrary to regulations, it will be deemed non-existent but will not entail the nullity of other clauses in the Policy.